The budget management script will just require you to enter a few details like your budget, the budget start and end dates, the campaign name of the budget you want to manage, and a few others. The documentation for this script is pretty straight-forward and requires very little configuration.
Budget Management Strategy
Here are some ideas on strategy:
If you have a account and a account:
- Run a campaign report for the last 6 months segmented by month for Adwords and Bing Ads.
- Determine what % spend you have been allocating to Adwords and Bing Ads.
- Ask yourself if the budget is limited by budget on either engine. If it is, decide whether or not to allocate more % to that given engine.
- Take your monthly budget and multiple it by the percentage you want to spend on Adwords.
- Multiply your monthly budget by the percentage you want to spend on Bing Ads.
- For Adwords, take that dollar amount and input it into the spreadsheet.
- For Bing Ads, take that dollar amount and input it for the campaign BUT SET THE CAMPAIGN BUDGET TO MONTHLY.
Doing this virtually guarantees you won’t go over your budget.
If you have a account only:
- Take your monthly budget and input it into the spreadsheet. It’s not any more complex than that.